sâmbătă, 28 iunie 2014


December

Look how it all snows in December…
Through the windows, my dear, look-
Tell them again to bring more ember
So I can hear the coals, and how they cook.

And bring the armchair by the stove,
‘Cause by the flue I want to hear the squall,
Or even my days, I don’t care at all -
I wish their symphony I could compose.

And also tell them to bring by the tea,
And even you, my dear, come closer; -
Read me some of the North Pole, where I want to be,
And let it snow… to bury us until we’re over.

In here, at your own place, it’s a hot weather.
And all from here, I count them as they’re holy; -
Look how it all snows in December…
Read forward, darling…don’t be jolly.

Yet it’s still day, look how much darkness…
Tell them to bring the old lamp too –
Look at the snow, even the fence, it reaches,
And frost stands by the latch like glue.

I won’t go home. Here I surrender…
It’s flood there, even on the alley,
Look how it all snows in December,
Read forward, darling…don’t be jolly.


Traducând în engleză poezia "Decembrie" a lui George Bacovia

Niciun comentariu:

Trimiteți un comentariu